Sunday, September 7, 2008

Life is a journey with too many forks in the road. Does anyone have a map?

So I was sitting here just thinking about things and developed a desire to talk to some old friends. I was thinking back on all the fun adventures I had early in college and even as far back as High School. Lately life has been a little bland and I have been longing for something and I was not sure what it was, but I think I just need to re-establish some of my relationships with old friends. I have had many friends come and go over the last several years that I could try and get in contact with. I think it would be especially fun to see what some of my friends from back home have done with their lives. I often feel like my life is lacking excitement so I get a kick out of seeing friends on facebook and the adventures they are having with dating or with their little families. I get excited for them and the things going on in their lives. I also often wish my life was more eventful. Don't get me wrong, I have had plenty of madness in the past few years, but it has all been family related things. My life itself seems very plain to me and I am trying to find ways to make it more exciting. That can be an overwhelming task when you live in a town where the most excitement you ever see is when half the population responds to a car accident to see what happened. I think a change is going to be in my near future. I sometimes feel like I need to just go do something that is totally not my style like move to a new place where I don't know anybody, or maybe just be a little more daring with some of the business ideas I have had in my head for several years, or maybe I just need to take off on a vacation to some foreign place (I have a little over 100 hours of vacation time I need to use). I feel like lately I have made a lot of my decisions based off of what I thought other people needed and not what I need. The hard things is that it is difficult to make decisions for you when you don't know what you need. I just need to really need to spend some time pondering on what I should do next and how I could make things better for myself. Wow, that stresses me out, but it needs to be done. 

3 comments:

Nicole said...

You could always come and visit the wonderful world of New Mexico. It really is a different world. Yeah, our stake center in Santa Fe has a gay community right next door. Santa Fe is going to be one of the first to burn!:)

Darcie said...

Hey Clint!! I found your site through Nicole's blog. Excitement isn't always good, but a nice vacation does sound great!! Hope you find what you need and have a great time in the process!!
Darcie

Jen & Matt Rigby said...

Elder Rigby here. Just found your blog while looking on the mission blog.I loved serving around you-one of my all time favorite Elders.Just wanted to say hi.